Minimally Invasive Surgery & Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery (SILS)
Minimally Invasive Surgery (sometimes called Laproscopic Surgery) is done through small incisions using specialized techniques, miniature cameras with microscopes, tiny fiber-optic flashlights and high definition monitors. Surgeons in many specialties perform surgery through an incision that requires only a stitch or two to close.
Dr. Bounoua offers the Single Incision Scarless Surgery ( SILS). For more information call the office, or click here.
For patients, Minimally Invasive Surgery means less trauma to the body, less blood loss, smaller surgical scars and less need for pain medication. Patients leave the hospital sooner after Minimally Invasive Surgery and return to normal activities sooner than with conventional open surgery.
Following are some of the types of Minimally Invasive Surgery:
COLON AND RECTAL SURGERY
- Diverticulitis — Diverticular Disease
- Hereditary Polyps -- e.g., Familial Adenomatous Polyposis
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Large Polyps that cannot be removed at colonoscopy
GASTROENTEROLOGIC AND GENERAL SURGERY
- Laparoscopic Adrenalectomy
- Laparoscopic Inguinal hernia Repair
- Laparoscopic Lymph Node Biopsy
- Laparoscopic Procedure for Liver Cysts
- Laparoscopic Procedure for selected Stomach Tumors
- Laparoscopic Treatment for Large Bowel Tumors
- Laparoscopic Umbilical Hernia Repair
© 2012 Farida Bounoua M.D. All Rights Reserved.